Sorry no. At the moment we accept Visa and MasterCard directly, or you can pay by Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express by selecting PayPal as your payment option at checkout. All of these options result in immediate activations being issued, so you will instantly be able to save your recovered data after purchase.
- Can I pay by check or invoice?
- Can I try before I buy?
- How do I know that the data found will be ok?
- How will I know when my payment is completed?
- I placed two orders (doh!), can I get a refund?
- I can’t find my receipt, can I get another?
- Can I get an invoice?
- What is your TAX ID number?
- I did not use my activation key, can I get a refund?
- My recovered data doesn’t work, what do I do?
- What is your refund policy?
- I need to recover more data than I can get free activation for… Can I get a bigger one?
- Can I order by telephone?
- How do I know your software will work for me?
- When using the Undelete module, what’s actually being looked for?
- I can’t launch or start the VirtualLab Client application on my Mac, what do I do?
- The files I found don’t have names, why?
- One of my drives appears as a MS-DOS drive, is that normal?
- I can’t choose a file that I want to use to create a new file type (signature). It’s grayed out.
- My drive is clicking/grinding, should I try to recover it?
- I have some private data, can you or anyone else see it?
- I don’t understand how some features work, help!
- How do I recover the files that were found?
- I can’t preview a file, it’s ‘gibberish’, what do I do?
- Why do I need a different place to save my recovered files?
- Can I scan a device on my network
- I can’t connect to the VirtualLab server, what do I do?
- How do I change my email address linked to BinaryBiz account?
- Do you offer telephone support?
- I placed an order and didn’t get the order details, what should I do?
- I can’t log in to my account using my email and order number, what should I do?
Yes, we offer free data recovery activation numbers to test the functionality and the data it recovers. Please see the Free Data Recovery product sections at the binarybiz.com website to participate in that offer.
Determining recovered file quality is pretty straightforward, here are a few suggestions. If you have deleted files, then you may obtain activation by visiting the free activation page. Visit our website and click the 'free' product version you want. Another other method of determining file quality is to use the 'preview' option from the files list. Not all file types will preview, but a great way to determine the general file quality will be to review gif and jpg files. If you're familiar with the file structure of non-preview-able files, or you know the contents of the file (like a MS Word file), then previewing it will show you the contents of it.
In rare cases orders can't be immediately fulfilled. This happens with orders our processor deems suspicious or server to server communications problems. If either of these are the case you will be notified of it during the order process. Otherwise, you will know by one or more of the following that your order has been completed:
- You have received an email confirming the purchase
- You will see on screen confirmation that they completed the purchase.
- Go to the account page and use the account lookup tools. If you made an account, surely it will be there. If none of those happens, then the order is not completed. You should try it again. :)
Duplicate charges are a result of clicking the order button more than once. To request a refund in this case, log in to your account and click the 'Request Refund' option. All payments eligible for a refund can be processed from your account area.
Sure, just login to your account at my.binarybiz.com. Once logged in you'll see a button labeled 'PRINT RECEIPT' which will allow you to reprint your receipt.
We don't provide invoices (since we aren't billing you). You can however obtain another receipt by logging in your account and downloading it. Receipts are provided when the order is complete, and they may also be reprinted by logging into your account at my.binarybiz.com.
We aren't a US company and therefore we do not have TIN. We are also not a European company and therefore do not have a VAT. Please record us as a NON-US or a NON-EU for your purchase records.
Please login to your account to see your refund options:
- Log in to your account (MY ACCOUNT).
- Select the order you would to have refunded.
- If the order is eligible for refund, then click the 'Refund' button. If you do not see a refund button, then your order is not eligible for a refund.
- You will receive a refund confirmation when the refund is processed.
This can be a result of a few things:
- Wrong file type for the application. Please be sure the file type can be opened by your software.
- Wrong recovery method used. Confirm/check that the recovery app matches your media type.
- Data is corrupt at source. This means that the data is found in a corrupt state on the media, either from bad sectors, previously corrupt files, cross-linked sectors or, in the case of deleted files, the bitmap is missing and the files are not contiguous.
We offer a 30 day money back guarantee. Please see this link for detailed terms and conditions.
Yes, but you will have to purchase it. Our free activations are limited to the amount of data they will recover. Please show your support for us and place an order if you need to recover additional data or more data than the free activation will allow.
We don't take telephone orders at this time. All payments are processed electronically online. We don't accept or process phone orders. The BinaryBiz website uses the latest SSL technology to ensure that the information you submit is only seen by us and you. All payment and personal information you submit is stored on secure servers in encrypted format. We are fully PCI compliant and all of your information is safe and secure.
You need to actually download, install and use the software to determine if the data on your device (Hard Drive, Camera Card, etc.) can be recovered. There's no cost to try out our products in advance of purchasing to see what can be recovered. We offer free activations to be sure about the data that is recovered. Please visit the free data recovery software section of our website to learn more.
The undelete scan searches for deleted files in the UNUSED portion of the device, as reported by the Bitmap of the file system. It does not scan the used portion (where normal, not deleted files are) of the drive at all, so all files found have been previously deleted. The results you'll get include all files that were deleted, and old saved versions of them too. So if a file recovered is "the exact same" as a file you already have. It is either a deleted copy of the file you currently have, or it could be that you just don't notice the differences between the two files. As a side note, the Undelete Scan will not be able to recover the file names of files due to the limitations of HFS and HFS+ filesystems. Note, this is for Mac systems only :-)
Under MacOS X, you must install VirtualLab to the boot drive. This drive will be the only one available for installation in the VirtualLab installer. After installing, VirtualLab will be located in /Applications/BinaryBiz VirtualLab/
When a file is deleted from the MAC OS filesystem, the file name is also removed. Unless the name is embedded in the header of the cluster of the file, there is no way to retrieve the name. If the name is embedded, VirtualLab is designed to retrieve it. If you are not seeing a name, and only a number, then the application does not store the name so that it is not retrievable. When recovering a deleted file from the Mac operating system, be sure to set your scan type to 'Deleted File Recovery'. If you don't then every file type (existing and deleted) that is found on the scanned device will show in the results. To limit the results to only deleted files, it's important that you choose the Deleted File Recovery scan.
Most of the time this happens with Firewire drives. Most firewire drives purchased are pre-formatted with a FAT32 (MS-DOS/Windows) file system. All Macintosh computers out of the box are able to read these types of drives transparently and they show up as a normal Mac volume. Normally you can just ignore this unless this is the volume you are trying to recover. If you are trying to recover the drive with an MS-DOS format use VirtualLab for Windows to recover files off of the drive using a PC running Windows and then use VirtualLab for Mac's 'Merge Utility' to give the files their correct file type/creators and resource forks.
Files such as .app, .nib, and .mbox are greyed out in the file signature creation dialog box. Most likely, this type of file is a package. File packages are in MacOS 9 and X. They are basically a folder with files that appears as a single file to the user. Because it is not a single file with a single file type, VirtualLab has no way of searching for such a file. You will not be able to use the Undelete function for these types of files.
No. Please, disconnect the drive, or remove it from your system, and call a professional data recovery service immediately to see if they can salvage whats left of your disk.
No, your private data remains private. None of your data files are sent to us at any time while using our software. All data files are stored locally and not transmitted to us. Your data remains your personal business.
If you have questions or are having problems, the first thing you will want to try is the Online User's Guide. This guide will walk you through all of the features and will help you troubleshoot.
To save files you need an activation number. You can try all the features of our software without obligation in advance (file saving is disabled until you activate), then when you are ready to purchase VirtualLab, simply select the files you wish to recover and click the 'Order Now button'. This will take you to our secure ordering page. We accept Visa, Mastercard, AMEX and Paypal. You can also get a free activation to recover deleted files. Please see the FREE section of our website.
If the file type you want to view is not preview-able, then it's due to either the file type not being a supported preview-able type, or the file is bad. See the users guide for a list of supported preview-able file types. Alternatively, you could save a sample file using free activation number, to determine file quality prior to purchasing.
If you use any other recovery software, they will all have the same requirement to have a separate location to save your recovered files. The answer is very simple, if you recover files from a drive to the same drive you are most likely going to overwrite the data that is already there making further recovery impossible. There are several choices to save data to. You may save it to another internal drive, a separate partition, an external drive, a USB flash drive, or a networked drive. Note; You cannot save the recovered data to CD or DVD.
At this time we cannot scan a networked device. Plans are in place for adding this feature to the future version of the software.
Failures to connect are usually a firewall problem, either on your local PC or your network. You need to add an exception for VirtualLab in your local and network (if in a corporate setting) firewall. The port that VirtualLab communicates on is 443. Please contact your systems administrator or software provider for assistance on how to add exceptions or other network firewall issues.
Here are the things you need to do to change your email in BinaryBiz. First, you have to provide your government ID or a copy of credit card used to place the order. Second, provide an authorization letter, so that BinaryBiz can make the change from the old email to the new one. You can open a ticket on the support page of BinaryBiz and send the needed information there.
If you placed an order and didn't receive it should:
- Make sure that the order was completed and not marked for fraud review.
- Check your email for a receipt. Be sure to check spam box too.
- Use the account lookup tools at the my.binarybiz.com/account login page.
Check your receipt, verify that you are using the correct email address relating to the one you used to place your order.